2019 Gosling Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Was cleaning the water today and Big Sam and one of the Buff females mated right in front of me.

Would be amazing if I got to incubate eggs at this time of the year!

Chances of getting buff goslings this year :)

Fingers crossed for eggs and buff goslings! I have gotten both of those are weirder times of year than mid-summer.

Thankfully, my hatching year is done with 4 buff dewlaps, 1 brown african female, and 2 surprise bonus grey dewlaps, bringing my goose flock total to 35. That's a lot!

Fingers crossed for eggs and buff goslings! I have gotten both of those are weirder times of year than mid-summer.

Thankfully, my hatching year is done with 4 buff dewlaps, 1 brown african female, and 2 surprise bonus grey dewlaps, bringing my goose flock total to 35. That's a lot!

35 geese! My dream would be having that many buff African geese one day.

The two geese that are mating are my best breeders so I'm really hoping for eggs.

I've my incubator ready even if I get 1 egg

I thought I had lost a goose today. I was out tending the birds and there were only two geese in a pen where there should have been three. I was thinking that was very strange because they NEVER wander off, and I wasn't seeing any evidence of predation.

I was looking in the pen with the emus and there were three geese in there and I was thinking, okay, three in there, that's normal.

Then I suddenly remembered that it definitely was not, lol. There should have been just two in there, a pair I selected and am hoping to breed from next year. Somehow one of the geese moved pens on me. And also one of my pekin ducks.

I'll have to get everyone back where they belong tomorrow.

Reeling back to my flock 5 years ago :)
Crazy to think I had so many geese in the past haha. I do miss it to say the least.
400 (3).jpeg
400 (2).jpeg
400.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom