2019 Newbie Chat!

Hi everyone I actually joined last year so I really shouldn’t be on this chat buuuuutttt.....
I have had chickens for nearly 4 years and I have had many ups and down with my flock, I originally had 6 chickens and slowly my flock have grown and decreased because of deseases and predators (I know I spelt something wrong :p) I currently have 33 chickens if you include my silkie chicks which are going up for sale and same with my new chicks. I selected three to keep that are sooo cute I love them. All my chickens have names, I don’t kill or eat my chickens, I
A. Sell them
B. Give them away
C. Keep the hens
Anywho that’s me!
Contact me if you want any silkies or X breeds. I’m in AU

I've had adult chickens in the past but I'm very new to chicks.
I will be ordering them the end of this month!! Any special advice for when i first pick them up & bring them home from the post office? Steps i should take to make it more comfortable and easy transition??

I have a few ideas going for their new little temporary home while they grow until the coop is finished.
We have an old kiddie pool i saw some people convert. Also I've seen plastic totes used too.

Can't help with chicks. Never been brave enough to try.

I will be ordering them the end of this month!! Any special advice for when i first pick them up & bring them home from the post office? Steps i should take to make it more comfortable and easy transition??

I have a few ideas going for their new little temporary home while they grow until the coop is finished.
We have an old kiddie pool i saw some people convert. Also I've seen plastic totes used too.
Just make sure they are hydrated and warm eating

Get the coop done before the chicks arrive. They will outgrow the brooder VERY quickly.

Back
Top Bottom