2019 Spring Ducklings are here!

Pics
Well i need to get another customer in the Houston area. Last year i checked a cooler bag full of Chapell-Hill sausages and fajita-beef from my favorite mexican-store, at the airport. They asked twice »You have what in that bag?«
I was commuting between Houston and Atlanta out of the old terminal at Hobby where you could see the xray screen. I was bringing frozen tamales back. They were tied in a bundle in my carry on. As I watched them go through I thought that looks like dynamite that Wiley Coyote would use. TSA agent yells ma'am step away from the counter. They send two agents to open my bag very carefully. One yells Tamales! Have a nice day.

:lau:lau:lau
I was commuting between Houston and Atlanta out of the old terminal at Hobby where you could see the xray screen. I was bringing frozen tamales back. They were tied in a bundle in my carry on. As I watched them go through I thought that looks like dynamite that Wiley Coyote would use. TSA agent yells ma'am step away from the counter. They send two agents to open my bag very carefully. One yells Tamales! Have a nice day.

Here are today's two. Cuter than average. No big tusks yet so still young. Maybe a little over 100 pounds apiece. I have had more than one 500+ pounders on my property. I am guessing you don't have these where you live.View attachment 1681433
Oh my, we sure have plenty of those around where we live near all the federal land preserves around Kennedy Space Center, FL. They breed like rabbits - piglets everywhere.

Now I know you are being truthful about living in Houston. You know about the secret Chapell Hill sausage.:cool: We also went to Chapel Hill in ‘79 for gas and diesel during the gas crisis . Of course since we were there we bought sausage.
I didn't not know that's a secret! :oops: Those yummies are sold in every Food-Town, and we still have some smoked-beef, garlic and jalapeño-sausages from last year in the freezer. They were the best on the grill!
Hillshire Farm sausages aren't bad too, but even those are not sold here - at least we haven't found them yet.
After i have caught our package thief here, i willk order some sausages directly from the Chapell-Hill web-site. Postage isn't too bad…
:drool

On the trip home from my first visit to the U.S.A. in 1999 i had six large jars of peanut butter in my checked suitcase plus a metal tie-hanger that looked a bit like an antenna…
Checked my luggage at SFO and about 15 minutes later heart my name over the P.A..
Went to the designated office and met two heavily armed officers (no TSA at that time!). They politely asked me about the content of my luggage and mentioned suspicious looking objects… Naively i said »Oh, that's my peanut butter!« and everybody started laughing.

I will put the duck-house together tomorrow - if the weather permits - today i had to paint the last two pieces in white…
I'm afraid i'm not gonna makeit today! I caught a really bad cold, living off Tylenol today, tying to keep my nose from running away…
Can ducklings catch the cold virus from me? I had a sneeze attack when i was feeding them…

Back
Top Bottom