Addict
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Sep 2, 2018
Big Chimney, WV
My Coop
My Coop
Hi Friends!

The first five ducklings are on their way and will arrive here in WV tomorrow morning:

And i have already chewed my fingernails down to the elbows, the forecast says -7°C (19F) for tomorrow morning…:fl

Anyways, i have created an album with already a lot of pictures of my preparations and i have started an article that will be updated during the ducklings progress. Exciting February…

The first ducklings are here
JPEG_20190130_093251_1939251671317510896.jpg

Wow! That answer came fast:
---
Hi,

That...does not look good to be honest. The fact that the foot dangles and flops when it moves could mean that there is no treatment for it. You could try to splint/cast the leg, but it's a long shot.

I apologize that the little guy came injured. We screen each duckling before they go out, so, and while I don't want to point fingers, it probably sustained the injury during transit. Without use of its leg I do not believe it will survive for very long unless given special attention as it will have trouble getting food and water. Saying that, we would be more than happy to send you a replacement if you would like or issue you a refund.

Please let us know what you would like us to do.

Thanks!

Samantha
---

I must think about what i should answer. Having them send out a single bird isn't a good idea right?
OK, this is what i've sent back to Metzer Farms yesterday:
---
Dear Samantha,

Thank you very much for your quick answer! I hesitate to point fingers too, but what baffles me is that the duckling is hopping on her left foot as if duck only have one leg. She has received a large dose of Niacin and a vitamin B complex and is now asleep, mother nature will do whatever mother nature decides to do…

Regarding the decision between replacement or refund, i do believe it is a very bad idea to ship a single bird at this time of the year, plus this duckling would be shipped out next Monday and be ½ the size of this weeks ducklings by then, so i opt for a refund or a store-credit.

Best regards from Charleston (WV)
---

Yesterday i made a waterer for little Forest out of an orange-juice bottle, as i saw in all the countless instructions/videos/pictures i set the bottle down upright, cut two holes in it so that Forest is able to stick her head in and set it up in the brooder. It was empty after 15 minutes…
Today my wife saw it and said »why don't you turn it sideways?« - She is soo right!
full

Back
Top Bottom