2020 Flock Life

Which came first: the chicken or the egg?

• Chicken

Votes: 90 54.2%
  • Egg

Votes: 55 33.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 21 12.7%

• Total voters
Pics
One of my non bearded white Silkies having a little photo shoot today ☺️

494AAAB9-86D9-4ECB-8B0B-7F13468DB060.jpeg

Well... My last Partridge Cochin died just now. Are cochins normally this fragile or did I possibly get a couple that were not healthy? I have more coming so I'm wondering if I should set them up inside for awhile. We're pretty sad.
Checked the nest this morning and no one was sitting on it, brought unfertilized ones in. Looks like an egg broke, yolk everywhere in the nest. Not sure if she gave up or not, I'll check again tomorrow.

Besides that all the other chickens are doing good! It's just drizzling so the big ones are going crazy on foraging today! I'll try and get photos later today.

Well... My last Partridge Cochin died just now. Are cochins normally this fragile or did I possibly get a couple that were not healthy? I have more coming so I'm wondering if I should set them up inside for awhile. We're pretty sad.
Checked the nest this morning and no one was sitting on it, brought unfertilized ones in. Looks like an egg broke, yolk everywhere in the nest. Not sure if she gave up or not, I'll check again tomorrow.

Besides that all the other chickens are doing good! It's just drizzling so the big ones are going crazy on foraging today! I'll try and get photos later today.

Sorry for your loss:hugs
It might’ve just been a weak one, I lost the odd one or two in each hatch last year.

She might of gone off because one of the eggs broke, hopefully she goes back to sitting on them again. :)

Here’s one of our birds from our more exotic ‘flock’ 🌴

If you can spot it 😂

View attachment 2053177

that’s a very cool looking bird. That beak:eek:
One of my non bearded white Silkies having a little photo shoot today ☺

View attachment 2053225

nice photo!

We picked up two new ladies today to eventually join our laying flock 😄

View attachment 2053250

lovely! Good luck introducing them to your flock!

Back
Top Bottom