2020 Flock Life

Which came first: the chicken or the egg?

• Chicken

Votes: 90 54.2%
  • Egg

Votes: 55 33.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 21 12.7%

• Total voters
Good morning/evening everyone :frow
Hope everyone has/had a great day!!
I found one of our golden Brahma hens sitting on eggs under one of the sheds.:th
I candled one of her eggs and they look like they’re halfway there.

🤣 so nice when they hide like that.
are you letting her finish hatching? sounds exciting to have more babies runnin around.

I hope you are having a good day too!
working on cleaning and setting up brooder again inside here, fingers crossed for a Sunday hatching. Found out my sister is coming for a month long visit, so i will be with the chickens a lot.... she kinda makes my anxiety spike high.

Was 95f but felt 115f degrees here today. We got everyone water this morning and couldn't go check on them again till just now at 7pm... I was melting by the time we got done still. But got everyone's waterers filled back up and electrolytes in as well. Lots of panting chickens!
GT is laying her egg right beside the babies brooder now that we have to have the door open or they'll cook. Crazy chicken!
I let the young ones run free today so they could start mingling with older ones and so they could go to a cooler area if needed.
Some pics I grabbed quick tonight. Pepper seems to be totally chill about these guys...

IMG_20200605_193720158.jpg IMG_20200605_193725408.jpg IMG_20200605_193843877.jpg IMG_20200605_193807941.jpg

Was 95f but felt 115f degrees here today. We got everyone water this morning and couldn't go check on them again till just now at 7pm... I was melting by the time we got done still. But got everyone's waterers filled back up and electrolytes in as well. Lots of panting chickens!
GT is laying her egg right beside the babies brooder now that we have to have the door open or they'll cook. Crazy chicken!
I let the young ones run free today so they could start mingling with older ones and so they could go to a cooler area if needed.
Some pics I grabbed quick tonight. Pepper seems to be totally chill about these guys...

View attachment 2179020View attachment 2179021View attachment 2179018View attachment 2179016

They are looking great! I cant imagine raising chickens in that warm of weather. 😰 We will get up to the 90s here in the summer and maybe hit 100 but it never seems to last very long.

Back
Top Bottom