2020 Flock Life

Which came first: the chicken or the egg?

• Chicken

Votes: 90 54.2%
  • Egg

Votes: 55 33.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 21 12.7%

• Total voters
Aww thank you :hugs that means a lot. I'll get it figured out and done eventually. It got so hot here so fast this year... if it ends up waiting till this fall, well than i'll take the time to save up to do something completely different. ...maybe hire someone to build me a large open air coop. we barely get below freezing so as long as they have an area to escape sleet this will be good.

Maybe by then i'll have my handyman back, he's supposed to have surgery soon, just waiting on the surgeon to call us and he's taking his time.
I hope that the surgery goes well and brings him back to good health! :hugs 💞

Finally got some pictures uploaded of the Buff Brahma 😁 I know its kind of early to tell but the developing wattles and redness of the comb concern me a little! Any guesses? 6 weeks old today
20200705_164745.jpg
20200705_164050.jpg
20200705_164731.jpg

Finally got some pictures uploaded of the Buff Brahma 😁 I know its kind of early to tell but the developing wattles and redness of the comb concern me a little! Any guesses? 6 weeks old today View attachment 2231448View attachment 2231450View attachment 2231451
I'm no Brahma expert, but the comb doesn't look huge to me, the wattles are definitely questionable & not super red, but maybe that's just how it shows up on my screen! The others here will know better than I do...here's to hoping it's a hen! 💞

Last edited:
Hey, everyone! How have you been? It's been hot here lately, and the other day it rained (which was a gift from God, we needed it), so now we have some humidity, but it's better than having all the crops dying! My oldest pullets turned 16 weeks old this week! Yay! One of the Gold Stars has already started laying! The youngest chicks turned 6 weeks old this week as well. One of our kitties, Elaine had kittens recently! (Hopefully I'll add some pictures later, anyone want to see cow pictures :) )

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well! I thought I'd share a picture of Maximus...one of my FBCM Roosters! His colors are becoming so beautiful! He's hard to get a picture of, so this is the best of the worst... :gig

Maximus 7.9.2020.jpg

Edit to add Marquis and a picture of the two side by side!

Marquis is going to be stunning if his tail feathers come in nice and long, they are shorter than Maximus's are right now!
Marquis 7.9.2020.jpg

Marquis & Maximus
Marquis & Maximus 7.9.2020.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got some pictures uploaded of the Buff Brahma 😁 I know its kind of early to tell but the developing wattles and redness of the comb concern me a little! Any guesses? 6 weeks old today View attachment 2231448View attachment 2231450View attachment 2231451

Hmm... I'm leaning towards roo, that upright posture, missing shoulder feathers, and the neck feathers are more pointed. I do see some wattles started. I'd love to see photos again in a month, saddle feathers sometimes start about then.

Back
Top Bottom