2021 Chick Order

Pics
Does anyone know if hatcheries still send out shipping notices in email? I'm waiting in the ones for Hoovers, Welp and Dunlap but haven't gotten any yet.
I ordered from Dunlap a few weeks ago. They were great about calling me to let me know about the embargo delay, but no email when my chicks shipped. If you call, they'll give you the tracking number.

FWIW - Dunlap Hatchery shipped my 25 chicks Wednesday 3/3 from Boise Idaho, and I picked them up yesterday, Thursday 3/4 from the Picyune Mississippi PO Carrier Annex.
Every chick arrived alive and healthy. Within an hour, all were were running around, eating, drinking and being happy chickies.
(10 RIR, 6 Delaware, 9 Barred Rocks)

I ordered from Dunlap a few weeks ago. They were great about calling me to let me know about the embargo delay, but no email when my chicks shipped. If you call, they'll give you the tracking number.

FWIW - Dunlap Hatchery shipped my 25 chicks Wednesday 3/3 from Boise Idaho, and I picked them up yesterday, Thursday 3/4 from the Picyune Mississippi PO Carrier Annex.
Every chick arrived alive and healthy. Within an hour, all were were running around, eating, drinking and being happy chickies.
(10 RIR, 6 Delaware, 9 Barred Rocks)
Awesome. I had tried to find Dunlap experience but hadn't seen any so I wasn't sure if this was normal. I have noticed that they do not seem to respond to emails. Dis you get exactly what you ordered or were there some substitutions?

Honestly I only ordered from there because it was the only place I could find the bantam NNs, since their website was a little hard to figure out and I really am not a phone call person

On my way to the P.o., at least one batch came in, hoping it's both so I don't have any tomorrow
Glad they came before you got there!

I had one time that I got home with my new chicks, settled them in the brooder--and got a call from the Post Office to come pick up more chicks. (I expected the other order the next day, but they had come by a later truck on the same day. So I drove right back to the Post Office...)

Here's a blue (possibly frizzled) Cochin bantam. The ones that are doing okay are amazing, if a bit cold (hoping the heater is fine still).

But they're eating and drinking and going under when they're cold

Attachments

• 20210305_095649.jpg
    20210305_095649.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 35
Do you have a picture of your other chicks. Did some survive.
Yes, the buff silkie came back, a golden might, but the other 4 golden didn't make it.

So I have 24, possibly 25 out of thirty that survived. Not too bad, but certainly more than I'd hoped and more than I've ever had doa before

Back
Top Bottom