Ended 2021 Chicken Gift-Ideas Giveaway - Over $500 In Gifts Up To $35 Each!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I (my birds lol) could really use this with the cold weather its already 30 degrees outside at night.
Dreyoo Poultry Waterer Drinker Heated Base, Chicken Water Heater 125 Watts for Winter Deicer Heated Base, Pet Water Heater for Metal Poultry Founts https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09DYPZN72/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_A0T99R0XQW75DX7TFYH4
Screenshot_2021-11-06-22-47-51.png

So to increase your growing season consider starting your first 6 weeks of brooding inside. We transition everyday moving little birds to outside mini run, then back in before it gets dark. Then they only spend 2-3 or so weeks outside before you harvest. We finally figured this out with the cornish cross. As soon as they are big enough to mix with other chickens we transition them over.
That means you can order as soon as orders open up with the hatcheries.
Can increase capacity or growing season to increase production... we did a bit of both.

Thank you for the thought.

However, not only am I in the Steamy Southeast where my issue is keeping chickens cool rather than keeping them warm, my DH categorically refuses to have chickens indoors, period. :)

You might find my brooder interesting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211106-142912_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20211106-142912_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20211107-073941_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20211107-073941_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20211107-073920_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20211107-073920_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 1
"Inside" doesn't necessarily mean the house... could be garage or shed...

😉
And better to ask for forgiveness and make up than for permission. If your DH is a kind generous sort of fellow who works hard for his family and to keep you happy. If you "switch" hobbies... give up spending money on something else so he doesn't financially feel it, most are willing to see the productive hobby is actually beneficial to entire family and well worth the time and money.

We just moved and dont have a good place to put are seventy chickens we only have a temporary coop that wont last long.
Large Metal Chicken Coop Walk-in Poultry Cage Hen Run House Rabbits Habitat Cage Spire Shaped Coop with Waterproof and Anti-Ultraviolet Cover for Outdoor Backyard Farm Use https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YFLNLD...abc_CD36Z64CP6SA3AXFQVVB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1View attachment 2890776
Be careful many of these are just the FRAME and you have to buy the aviary netting, chicken wire, hard wire cloth, panels, etc separately. DETAILS. CHECK THE DETAILS. The hardwire cloth is best. Some people like the portable car ports even better that come with side panels, then they only need a bit of hardwire cloth and have space for food storage or Rabbits 🐇 etc.

Be careful many of these are just the FRAME and you have to buy the aviary netting, chicken wire, hard wire cloth, panels, etc separately. DETAILS. CHECK THE DETAILS. The hardwire cloth is best. Some people like the portable car ports even better that come with side panels, then they only need a bit of hardwire cloth and have space for food storage or Rabbits 🐇 etc.
Thanks for the tip I really appreciate it. I can't afford something like that right now anyways butt it's something I could use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom