Ended 2023 Valentine's Day Contest Series—Wattle I Do Without You?

This is Chooks
View attachment 3407774
I hatched him last year from my blue project pen. I really liked his color but I hatched quite a few from that pen so wasn't sure I'd need to use him in the future or not.
With that I turned him loose in the yard with several others. He was interesting from the start. Unlike all the others he didn't spend any time anywhere near the barn. He didn't even move down to the pig pens like some of the others. He went beyond everyone down to the corner of the yard and spent all his time pretty much by his lonesome in his own little land.
He's since grown up and has some interaction with some of the others. Ok probably not really but he tries. I've seen him find bugs and do the good rooster call to the females to come and see what he has for them. I don't think he's had any takes. They all just look at him like he's some kind of foreigner and go on their way.
:love my kinda guy

that's all folks.gif

This contest is now closed. Our esteemed panel of judges will be hard at work to bring you the winners soon! Good luck, everyone!!

This is CockCock. He's a year and a half old and was hatched by me. His daddy was a Rhode Island Red and his mom a White Leghorn. He's not a looker but he's the sweetest rooster I've ever known. He's never once had a problem with the other roosters and is very loving to all newcomers.
View attachment 3403215
It's interesting my Casanova is also RIR & Comet, so he's got WLH in him as well...also the sweetest boy ever. Perhaps we've stumbled onto the "sweetest Roo" genetic code. ❤️

All 97 entries were entered into a spreadsheet in the order they were posted and given a number. To pick the winners, the random number generator was used.

1677725411138.png
1677725419179.png
1677725428605.png

1677725652464.png

This lady here (in the front lol) is Coco. She is my lap chicken. My cuddler. And one of my absolute favorites hens. She's a chocolate silkie, around a year old. I got her from a lady who lived over an hour away, with her brooder brother, who ended up being really aggressive. She, on the other hand, is very submissive (aside from to Blaze there in the back, who she occasionally loves and more often so likes to remind that she is his boss lol). She is due for a poof cut. 😂🥰
IMG_2023-01-28-15-03-47-310.jpg

This is my favorite of our pullets, Silver, Hoover Hatchery Legbar (November 2022). She’s super sweet, curious, so light, and has the softest voice. Better watch out Amy ;)
98A32C77-2BB6-453F-9DB2-DB3740D652D5.jpeg

this is lacy she is a one-year-old barnyard mix I got from my teachers hatching project last year and she is absolutely amazing she is very smart and knows how to spin if i ask her she also loves cuddles

20230213_132341.jpg

@Dtbcmb2, @Chicksandplants, & @african chickens], I will send you instructions on how to claim your prizes momentarily!
thank you.png

A HUGE THANK YOU to all who participated. This contest wouldn't have been possible without all of your entries!!!! :bow:clap
Great job, everyone, this was so much fun!! :wee

And THANK YOU to our BYC Sponsors (click to view & support them)

Last edited by a moderator:

All 97 entries were entered into a spreadsheet in the order they were posted and given a number. To pick the winners, the random number generator was used.

View attachment 3419335

@Dtbcmb2, @Chicksandplants, & @african chickens], I will send you instructions on how to claim your prizes momentarily!
thank you.png

A HUGE THANK YOU to all who participated. This contest wouldn't have been possible without all of your entries!!!! :bow:clap
Great job, everyone, this was so much fun!! :wee

And THANK YOU to our BYC Sponsors (click to view & support them)

Oh I never win anything! Haha thank you BYC & random number generator ☺️

Back
Top Bottom