21 December 2012

thaiturkey

Songster
9 Years
Feb 22, 2010
Thailand
The day will be the shortest this year between sunrise and sunset. Some also predict that it will be the end of the world as we know it.

What will you be doing that day?

Nothing out of the ordinary?

Sitting with your head between you knees?

Watching Doomsday Preppers and wishing that you too were a looney tunes?

Having a few beers as you await your end?

Or something else?

It's my friend's birthday so we'll probably drink a few beers and BBQ some good food. I don't believe in the end of the world nonsense. I feel bad for all the people who spend their days stockpiling ammo and building underground bunkers. Going to be a big disappointment when nothing happens.... but I'm sure Pat Robertson will let us know when the next end of the world is coming.

Just another day of the kids at school,and tending to the animals.Maybe we will watch some end of the world movie and grill up something.I do put away food,drink,and other supplies( that we use),but that is just for rainy days and not some fear of the end of the world.

I think 12-12-12 would have been a more fitting day rather than 12-21-12, The end will come for some(bottle neck theory),but I doubt that day will be any worse.

Just another day of the kids at school,and tending to the animals.Maybe we will watch some end of the world movie and grill up something.I do put away food,drink,and other supplies( that we use),but that is just for rainy days and not some fear of the end of the world.

I think 12-12-12 would have been a more fitting day rather than 12-21-12, The end will come for some(bottle neck theory),but I doubt that day will be any worse.
Why are you kids at school on the 21st? No christmas break?

most of the problem is TV shows that used to have educational stuff on it with a lot of scientific fact checking has been replaced by TV shows that are scripted or endorse crack pot theories like the end of the world or ancient aliens because it gets them higher ratings. I'm looking at you history channel and national geographic.

most of the problem is TV shows that used to have educational stuff on it with a lot of scientific fact checking has been replaced by TV shows that are scripted or endorse crack pot theories like the end of the world or ancient aliens because it gets them higher ratings. I'm looking at you history channel and national geographic.

The belief that some traumatic world event will happen is a very old one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon

However, I agree that present day third rate TV shows, usually aimed at a gullible level of viewer, look for drama and ratings rather than to inform. I also wonder whether some governments enjoy all the opportunities they can get to try to scare us out of our pants.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm probably going to just sit there and wait for midnight, then make fun of everyone when nothing out of the ordinary happens.

Of course, if I had the time and resources, I would love to rig up giant hidden loudspeakers, and at exactly midnight - the end of 12-21-12 - start blasting explosion noises and alien invasion sound effects.

Yeah, I'm probably going to just sit there and wait for midnight, then make fun of everyone when nothing out of the ordinary happens.

Of course, if I had the time and resources, I would love to rig up giant hidden loudspeakers, and at exactly midnight - the end of 12-21-12 - start blasting explosion noises and alien invasion sound effects.
Wow. That gives me ideas.

Back
Top Bottom