22 weeks on Friday, Seven laid her first egg today.

Spaeth-chicks

Songster
May 16, 2020
Sebastopol, CA
Our second pullet laid her first egg today. We have two laying pullets now :). Ginger (our first pullet to lay) laid her first egg two weeks ago. Today it was Seven's turn. She spent a lot of time in Ginger's nesting box, but actually laid the egg in the run. I'm sure she'll figure it out eventually because she was laying in the box for at least an hour this morning before she laid. Her egg is a pretty little light blue egg. I'm showing one picture of her light blue egg next to Ginger's light green/blue egg for color comparison. I'm proud of her. We have 4 pullets. I've planned on keeping and blowing out each of their first eggs and making xmas ornaments with them.

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9924.jpg
    IMG_9924.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9926.jpg
    IMG_9926.jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 4
This morning there was a soft light tan looking egg in the poop tray under the roosts. I think it might be Jaeyna's egg... she hasn't laid yet, but I've been thinking she would be next based on her recent behavior. I guess since this one isn't firm and was broken a little, I will be waiting for her second egg to save for an ornament. This is Jaeyna, our loud crazy pullet that demands attention ALL. THE. TIME! I love her though.

Attachments

• IMG_9968.jpg
    IMG_9968.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9969.jpg
    IMG_9969.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom