23 weeks. Still not laying. Anyone else?

Sorry to hear others are in the same boat, but, then again, misery does love company...

Guess it means I just need to get MORE chickens, right? That way I'll eventually get some eggs!
roll.png

Out of 8 pullet girls I have a Buff Cochin 8 mo.s and a Blue AM don't know age but have had her since the beginning of July and the owner said she was laying before shipping(dunno I think she had it mixed up with another one), that haven't started yet... Then I have a BR, EE, and Blue Andalusian that are moulting so no more eggs from them til Spring. So all I have left that has been laying since the first of October is an EE and a Black Australorp an they lay me an egg a day pretty much.

ETA: Oh yeah, can't forget my bantam Cochin... She laid for about a week last month and hasn't since then.

Last edited:
The young lady in the front certainly looks like she's at least thinking eggs. Thinking mature thoughts embarrasses them, and their combs blush red (or so my Mom claims in a tongue in cheek way
wink.png
).

Mine are just over 23 weeks and only one is laying (and she has been for almost two weeks. Go figure).

Last edited:
My EE and BO look just like yours except for my BO barely has a comb. They are both 26 weeks old and the BO isn't even close. My EE started laying a couple of weeks ago and has been really steady on production...bless her.

My 2 Buff Rocks stared laying at 28 weeks and my Buff Cohin was not far behind. Keep in mind they are women, and like all women, we are ready when we are ready!

Oh..good! I thought I was alone! I got my girls as day old chicks the first week of June too and so far...lots of expensive high protein food plus daily leftovers and no eggies! I have buff orpies & cochins(smooth & frizzled). Oh well, it builds up the antisipation I guess:confused: My step-mom had RIR and they are only a few weeks older than mine and she's been getting eggs for a couple weeks now...so hopefully soon!
fl.gif
(I just love these little faces!)

Last edited:
I have one Cochin at 27 weeks that is still growing her comb out and it doesn't look red yet! And one Dominique that is 29 weeks old and I am not sure if this one lays the weird shaped eggs or not (never seen two eggs yet on the same day). Along with my one faithful layer that drops beautiful eggs almost everyday
big_smile.png

The other indicator for who is laying is who the rooster is mounting and I have only seen him with the one faithful laying pullet.

Nothing I can think of besides sit back and wait for Spring,

Hugh

Back
Top Bottom