23wk EE Lethargic/Watery poop. corrid?

So her poop is much more brown than green which seems like a good sign but when I checked for worms I found what look like little whitish/clear crystals (like sand or silica)? Is this just sand from her normal free ranging or is this some sort of urine by product I should be concerned about? Any ideas?
Can you get some photos of the poop, especially the crystals?
Probably sand or maybe even oyster shell that has been polished when passing through the gizzard.
Worm eggs are microscopic, so you wouldn't be able to see those with a naked eye.

Probably sand or maybe even oyster shell that has been polished when passing through the gizzard.
Worm eggs are microscopic, so you wouldn't be able to see those with a naked eye.
I will get a pic- it was definitely more like a grain of sand - clearish and hard.

She is sleeping most of the of the time now. My son has been doing research and thinks the moldy feed may have poisoned her. He read about feeding epsom salt and warm water. Would you advise trying that?

11D649D6-B39E-490E-AFB3-A5CD0CE31700.jpeg
D2527EB9-B57E-48CE-B197-69B2B713F740.jpeg
You can see the ‘crystals’ off to the side of both pics, 2 different droppings. They seem to be in every poop lately.

Looks like oyster shell unless your grit is white too.
It’s gray, like gravel, so maybe it is oyster shell. I wonder if she ate too much and that stopped everything up. I haven’t offered her that since she came inside.
Iscared for the vet tomorrow, both the bill and the prognosis.
I run a small business from home and had a sale tonight to raise funds for the vet bill. Such a huge blessing… I raised over $450
Now my husband doesn’t need to stress and I don’t have to feel guilty about calling them when we don’t have the extra money at the moment. Now I can just focus on her and hoping she makes it!

She had a HUGE (this picture is about half) poop this morning (for her!) and it was almost SOLID pieces of rock/grit/oyster shell. I wonder if she got this stuff really impacted and her GI track was cut when it moved? Some of the pieces seem sharp. I saved some for the vet to look at.
B5883F09-3C2A-4248-A967-D24DD25A6EA6.jpeg

I'm thinking it's OS, I've seen small polished pieces in my hen's poop, but that's quite a bit you are finding!
You may be right that she's had a partial blockage - hopefully all that is getting expelled since you've been tending to her.

Wonderful that you are able to see the vet. Let us know what you find out.

Back
Top Bottom