27 Buff Orp eggs set....due Halloween....BOO

Hopefully it wasn't that high for long. It takes awhile to change the temp inside the egg.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Good luck

ohhh! You will have so much fun wiht buff orps.! They are a beautiful breed and can be tamed very easly. or at least from my experience with little buffies. good luck!

99.7 and 56% humidity. I did add water last night. The temp has been pretty accurate without deviation.

Check out my other thread with the new little chick, it has pics. She is with mama hen. I have 7 due on the 22nd. I hope they will be friends. I plan on putting them together with the mama hen. I think they should do fine. She is a good mama, teaching the baby how to drink and eat and scratch, too cute.

Quote:
My temps spiked to 106 the other day, and we only lost one egg out of it. The rest are still happily swimming!!

Good luck!

I have a pullet that I hand raised with her brother & then she was attacked by a hawk & left for dead, so I nursed her back to health & she is alone too.

Her brother didn't like her anymore. It is funny she has made friends with the little girl goats, they like protect her. She stays under their feeder & walks all over them, literally..... HA-HA!

But I do lock her up at night in her cage, she just doesn't feel comfy anymore roosting in the barn with the others.

So yes the chick needs a buddy real fast!
smile.png
Hazel doesn't seem to mind being alone but it would be nice if she had another chickie to run with.

My temp & humidity have been ok I guess, the humidity goes a little whacko from time to time but nothing major I guess.

OK.... lots of prayers for your eggs, sounds like we nned them! No more explosions or anything! OMG.... I am scared to even candle them.
hmm.png

Quote:
My temps spiked to 106 the other day, and we only lost one egg out of it. The rest are still happily swimming!!

Good luck!

That's good to hear!!
fl.gif
I will candle in 2 days to see how many are developing.

I'm going out of town today and my DH will be babysitting the bator. I sure hope everything is okay while I'm gone. We bump up the humidity on the 28th, right? What are y'all going to bump it up to? I just hope my hum has not been too high this whole time.

I candled this morning and successfully identified 2 eggs that had blood rings in them. I pulled them, now 25 eggs swimming away. Has anyone else candled? How's it going?

Hi All,
Got back from the funeral in NH last night and candled before I went to bed and out of 18 eggs from Marie, 17 were moving and only one is ?. Of course I couldn't resist adding 8 more eggs from my daughters chickens. She also got me a huge square styrofoam box that will hold MANY eggs.
idunno.gif
so I guess I will finally make a missprissy bator for the spring. Hopefully I have 5 more cochin eggs coming today to add to the bator for my last hatch of the year.
smack.gif
my so says I should just move my bed to the barn.
idunno.gif
rant.gif
tongue.gif
smack.gif

How is everyone else doing on thier hatches?
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

That's good hatching vibes for everyone!

edited to add: I forgot to say I brought back my daughters splash cochin rooster too.

Last edited:
4047_100_2762.jpg

Well, for a first hatch out of my incubator, I did good. I started with 27 eggs, 1 non fertile, 1 bloodring. So out of 25 eggs we got 25 chicks. Unfortunately, one chick died after hatching. Not fully absorbed yoke. So can someone help me determine my hatch %.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom