27 Buff Orp eggs set....due Halloween....BOO

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by texaschickmama, Oct 10, 2008.

1. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Songster

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Mine are due Halloween also! [​IMG] Praying for a great hatch!

2. thegoogers

thegoogers Songster

Oct 6, 2008
    Cleveland, TN
    YAY!! Welcome to the club [​IMG]

3. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Quote:I have a second bator to use as a hatcher. The one my eggs are incubating in is a LG forced air. I have an LG still air for a hatcher.

4. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Songster

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    ...I ordered my 2nd bator on Friday so I could have staggered hatches. What am I thinking???!!!???

5. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Songster

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    Kim....Sounds like the same type of thinking I have been doing lately. Buying another one!

Yeah! Silkieluver....[​IMG] What kind you hatching?

6. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Songster

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I person pre-ordered 50 chicks anything that I had. The 23 eggs can be pure silkie, EEs, silkie/EE crosses, and one egg that is an Australorp/EE cross. I'm soooooooo excited!!!

7. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Songster

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Quote:Sure, come on over. In fact, I had BO hatch this am. It had pipped last night, and we watched the whole thing, so cool, the kids loved it. This is our very first chick. The rest of the eggs went to a snake?, fell out of nest, or were duds. We have one sweet little chickie this am. This is cool.

8. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    congrats on the single chick! Please get it some company real soon. I had one chick hatch last spring and babied her but turned out the others won't have anything to do with her and she is always alone. [​IMG] I feel so bad for her.

9. lightbread47

lightbread47 Hatching

Oct 12, 2008
    I agree with Ozark Hen. She needs some company. I tried to do a staggerd hatch with only one bator and it didnt work out very well. (Im not sure if it was the fact that I staggerd them or what happened). I had one hen to make it and when I put her with the chicks I bought, they didnt get along very well. There is only about a week or 2 difference in age so I thought they would like her. Turns out they didnt and still dont. She just kinda hangs out by herself, eats by her self, and sleeps by herself too. Its kinda sad. The others usually arent mean to her, its just that she always looks so lonely to me. . . . so yea, id say your baby needs a friend. Just my opinion. [​IMG]

10. nhnanna

nhnanna Songster

Jul 18, 2008
    The chicken coop
    I also have a staggered hatch going. I have 7 cochins that have been in for a week and yesterday added 18 eggs from Marie_Martin of silkies and cochins that should be here for Halloween which is also my daughters birthday. I will be candleing the 7 tonight.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Hope every has a booooooootiful hatch!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: