27 Buff Orp eggs set....due Halloween....BOO

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by texaschickmama, Oct 10, 2008.

1. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Songster

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Oh my, so many Halloweenie chickies. This is going to be fun. [​IMG]

2. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Songster

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    Ok, finally had a chance to check this thread....lol
    the humidity dropped over night, maybe due to the coolness in the house? or maybe the eggs ate it?
    It is now, 100.2* & 37 humidity! Sounds good to me....I hope!

Oh boy! We have a bunch of Halloweenie chicks coming! I wish I would have ordered my laying chickie eggs too, but now I will have to do it after these are done. Oh well!

Quail_A....how do you do staggering? How do you work the humidity? or are you using 2 bators? I would like to use 1 bator & try a staggered hatch but don't know how to do the humidty.

3. thegoogers

thegoogers Songster

Oct 6, 2008
    Cleveland, TN
    All is well here...everything went great last night [​IMG] The baby woke me at 430 and I checked then and it was GREAT!! I am so stoked [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I am searching for another cooler to make a hatcher out of.

Shhhh......

[​IMG]
    ~Natasha

4. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Songster

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:Ah ha! You are addicted! [​IMG] What other eggs you gonna get Natasha?

I think I will look online for instructions to make one. Shouldn't be to costly huh?

5. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    This is cool. I have some eggs due too. They are black Orpingtons. [​IMG] I set them in the PM.

6. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Songster

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    Yeah! Black Orps! [​IMG]

7. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I'm doing a staggered hatch too. [​IMG] I bought a hovabator 1602 to use as a hatcher.

My temp and humity have not been stable today....my temp was dropping down to 99.5-98.4 degrees. The humidity has finally stabilized at 41%. I went to Wally World today and picked up a cheap thermometer/hygrometer...it can't hurt to have two opinions right? [​IMG] Until now, my humidity had been all over the road and the temp had been awesome! Grrr....

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  8. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Forgot to mention 38.0 C and 40% humidity. [​IMG]

9. BFeathered

BFeathered Songster

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Okay, I'm living vicariously thru you all! texaschickmama, can I come visit your babies when they're here? You all should combine your flocks- perfect halloween colors, buff orps and black orps! I need something black to go with my BRs. Y'all go take a nap now, you won't be any good to anyone if you don't stay away from the 'bators![​IMG]

10. thegoogers

thegoogers Songster

Oct 6, 2008
    Cleveland, TN
    Quote:Ah ha! You are addicted! [​IMG] What other eggs you gonna get Natasha?

I think I will look online for instructions to make one. Shouldn't be to costly huh?

Who me??? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: