27 day old goose egg not moving

terrbeary39066

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 18, 2011
New to geese. Only have 1 egg to survive out of 4. This is about day 27 and until today, when candling, we could see movement inside the egg. The air sac is larger though. Am I worrying for nothing?

If you have seen movement,the chances are pretty good all is well. We have had good eggs that have had large and misshaped air pockets.We thought there was something wrong also....but one week later we had a new guest. At day 27 you should start hearing noises but probably won't pip for a day or two.......good luck!!!

As the air sac has enlarged I think it'll be ok and now in preparation for internal pipping. Candle again this evening and look for moving shadows in the air cell. If the shadows are there then try holding the egg to your ear and you may hear a regular clicking noise which will be the gosling breathing.

Hope that helps and at exactly the same stage with Dewlap eggs! Have a look at my Dewlap Incubation thread as there's lots of information there
smile.png

Pete
wink.png

Picked up egg this afternoon and put it to my ear....tap, tap, tap....even 'peep-like' sounds! Can't tell you all how excited we are! Thanks for the responses!

There we are
wink.png
All that worry and that little gosling was busy preparing to meet the world all along
big_smile.png

Good luck with the rest of the hatch.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom