2nd time getting ducklings...forgetting everything!!!

Thanks! I will probably use a heat light just to be sure they don't chill. I used a kiddie pool and card board last time but it was just very messy. I guess I will just have to play around with some ideas to try to get exactly what I want. Also thanks for offering to see your pics. I don't need to see them cuz I already have food and water ideas. Thanks tho!
I think the pool works great. Having puppy pads on top of the pine shavings made it simple to clean. Maybe it was so messy because of the water? If so I've got a couple of water ideas for you. Thats a tray under the water dish and it collects all the water spilled so its not on the puppy pads. Then, when they graduate to a bigger waterer you could make something like in the video.
IMG_0441.JPG

Duck waterer

I think the pool works great. Having puppy pads on top of the pine shavings made it simple to clean. Maybe it was so messy because of the water? If so I've got a couple of water ideas for you. Thats a tray under the water dish and it collects all the water spilled so its not on the puppy pads. Then, when they graduate to a bigger waterer you could make something like in the video. View attachment 2063209
Duck waterer

Thanks for the ideas! I was already planning on doing something very similar because a chicken waterer makes things really messy and only works while they are young. I used it last time and didn't like it.

Back
Top Bottom