2nd to last candling? before hatch update

Riocotesei

Songster
11 Years
Aug 15, 2008
N.Texas
It's day 14 and I'm pretty sure I only have 20 viable eggs that will hatch out of an original 33....I'm pretty bad at math, but ifall 20 hatch that's close to 70% I think. I'm not counting anything happening though, just hoping. I'm really excited cause they were moving around being cute. I hope I get at least 10 to hatch, that's my goal. Next time I'm thinking either getting a souped up hova genisis or be cheap and just buy a turner for my LG...if anything I'll have a hatcher, and a incubator if I so choose to stagger hatches. I'm going to attempt a homemade bator but I'm poor right now so that will take a while. I don't really want to candle again but if something starts smelling I will. Wish those babies luck
smile.png

Quote:
If all 20 eggs hatch, and the others were not viable to begin with, then your hatch rate would be 100%

Infertile eggs do not count, but eggs that started to develop then died do count.

2 in the beginning were not viable. That brought me down to 31. The 31 had veins in them and 11 of them must have died around day 10-12. I don't know why really everything has been ideal with the bator. All I can figure is-- I'm hand turning and there is no fan in the LG I have.

20 out of 31 actually isn't that bad in a still-air incubator, hand turning.

Others do get better, but many get a good deal worse.

I thought it was going very well, I was a little disapointed that so many died. However, like I said, I'll be super happy with whatever I get.

Back
Top Bottom