2x4´real size

mjohnston

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 30, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Hello

I write from Madrid, Spain and since I found this web I have to visit it several times a day. I can´t stand without it. My wife is a little worried about me watching chikens all day!!

My question is about the 2x4´ roosts. When I check the pics sent to the forum, they don´t seem to be as "square" as I think they should be. I really open a conversor at the same moment that I open BYC to figure the sizes. Can anyone tell me if your 2x4´ is for me a 5x10 cm.?

I´m building my new coop with different weight solutions in order to be able to move it aroun my bacyard. I´ll send pics of my new coop asap.

Thanks to everyone and excuse my poor english

My husband is a builder and he says: a 2"x4" is: 3.8x8.8 cm
Your english is a lot better then some here in America!

Yes, 2 x 4 in cm would be a 5.1 x 10.2. However, the real size of a 2 x 4 isn't 2 inches by 4 inches. Its more like 1.75 inches by 3.7 inches or something like that. Don't know if that really matters to you or not but there it is.

lol, sorry we responded at the same time so I didnt' get to see yours first
tongue.png

When you get a few more posts you might want to add "Spain" to your profile, so we'll understand right away that English isn't your first language. Maybe we won't use so many expressions, and make it a little easier for you to understand. I have a couple of friends who did not grow up speaking English, and I've learned to choose my words a little more carefully for their sake.

Meanwhile, I agree, your English is pretty darn good!

Thank you all.

As 2x4´(or close to it) is not a regular size here but is the chikens favorite to roost as I´ve been reading at this forum, I´ll look for something as close as possible

I also wanted to add that if 2x4 (or the equivalent) isn't standard there you can use whatever is more standard for you to find. A lot of people use tree branches, scrap wood, etc. I think 2x4s are just mentioned a lot because they do work, the chickens like them and here in the US they are VERY common. Chickens also like the tree branches. Right now I have 2x3s because they were what I had leftover and my chickens are just fine with that.
I agree that your English is great! And Welcome the BYC! I can't wait to see some pictures of your coop.

Back
Top Bottom