3 4 week old chicks! Breed and gender?

Trixar232

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 31, 2013
A few weeks ago a friend from work gave me 3 baby chicks. At the time they were about 1-2 weeks old(so i was told). We are not allowed roosters where I live and I'm afraid I may have 2. From what I guessed so far I have a Barred Rock rooster, a Rhode Island Red pullet, and a mystery male. I'm starting to worry the the "Rhode Island Red" is a rooster because all the chicks are starting to have what looks like cock fights. At first it was only the "Barred Rock" and mystery chick but recently my "Rhode Island Red" is participating. Is this establishing a pecking order or should I be worried. I will be really dissapointed if I wind up with 3 roosters on my hands.

Chick 1 Barred Rock roo?

Chick 2 RIR pullet?

Chick 3 Mystery Roo?

Random group shots

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

They all look like roosters. You're correct on the breeds. The third one is either an Australorp or Black Jersey Giant. Check the bottoms of his feet. If they are yellow, he's a Black Jersey Giant. If they're not yellow, he's most likely an Australorp.

Thank you for replying. I'm so dissapointed to have 3 roosters. I checked the feet and they are pinkish with a white wash. Ill just go and assume he's an Australorp.

Back
Top Bottom