3 broody silkie

Jun 8, 2018
Central Texas
I have three silky hens and one silky rooster all three hens are brooding at the same time in the same nesting box and I only have three fertile eggsThe eggs are due to hatch any day now today is day 20 my first hen has been sitting on them since day one So I blocked her off and move the other two hens away from her now there going Absolutely crazy any Suggestions on what I can do with my other two Brody’s should I give them all just one egg in separate nesting boxes? Or try something else this is my 1st time with them becoming broody

penny1960

Yippity do Da Yippity ay
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Dec 29, 2015
Mossyrock, WA
I have three silky hens and one silky rooster all three hens are brooding at the same time in the same nesting box and I only have three fertile eggsThe eggs are due to hatch any day now today is day 20 my first hen has been sitting on them since day one So I blocked her off and move the other two hens away from her now there going Absolutely crazy any Suggestions on what I can do with my other two Brody’s should I give them all just one egg in separate nesting boxes? Or try something else this is my 1st time with them becoming broody

My 4 co-brood all the time great Momma's

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom