3 Legged Chick

I saw that you ordered red stars. They are sex links. Which are crosses that can be sexed by looking at the color of the chicks at hatch. They would not have vent sexed your chicks since there is no need with this type of hybrid breed, which may be why this was missed at the hatchery. Red stars are egg laying machines and are used commercially for brown egg production. If it is not bothered by the leg leave it be. You could try to remove the leg if it bothers you. Banding it tightly like you would a male calfs testicles would cause the extra leg to fall off in a few days with no loss of blood to the chick. Personally I would leave it alone, but it is an option. Good luck with her.

Quote:
OH MY STARS!! That is it! They will call them the "3 Drumsticks" and cross them with the Cornish/Rock variety...
I think we've uncovered their evil plot!!! Maybe it's a Federal conspiracy

Christina
hide.gif
(are we being watched?)
hide.gif

Quote:
OH MY STARS!! That is it! They will call them the "3 Drumsticks" and cross them with the Cornish/Rock variety...
I think we've uncovered their evil plot!!! Maybe it's a Federal conspiracy

Christina
hide.gif
(are we being watched?)
hide.gif

New, from Murray McMurray hatchery the three drumstick meal!

hide.gif
Oh and about being watched, we are not as long as they are watching
wink.png

Quote:
Would that explain the random all black one that is in there??

Probably. Take a picture
smile.png

Christina

Yeah, i wanna see some more pics
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Would that explain the random all black one that is in there??

Probably. Take a picture
smile.png

Christina

And Whoala!

IMG00149.jpg

I don't have anything against McMurray......I sounded a littlel diffrent than what I meant.....I would like to have a 3 legged chicken!!!! I would keep her! Sorry if it sounded like I was against McMurray......I've bought chicks from them, good birds.

Quote:
Thats good, but do you all think I should still call them and let them know about it, or just not notify them?

Back
Top Bottom