3 month old emus (pics)

Hi everyone! My little emoos are now three months old and they are so much fun. I love them all. Fawkes is the one that had wry neck but he's now the biggest, and the shy one. Sayid is the smallest by a bit, and he's the goofy one, always dancing longer and funnier than the other two. Strider is the cuddly one. He swallowed a metal piece of abird toy a while ago, but he's doing fine so I'm assuming it passed when we weren't looking, or we still have problems down the road. :( Anyway, they're living outside now, have a little fenced area (will expand in the spring) and they love their life!!

7CyWB0p.jpg

mef4eZx.jpg

RZeZArY.jpg

uwKLb5Z.jpg

Fawkes is so stoic lol

Boy they are goofy looking things aren't they. They always have that look on their face like their up to no good. Lol their good looking birds though. Keep up the good work :D

haha yes they sure do! Thanks!

So nice you can get so close to photograph them

Yes, they don't leave me alone, actually. If I go into their pen to clean, I get swarmed. Maybe it's because I always have zippers on my clothes. hahaha! They sure do love us though. The only one that likes to be petted is Strider, the others just like to be close to us and they all love to run around and get silly and play. They seem happy and healthy thankfully. :)

Did you hatch your emus? They always sound like fun birds to raise!

Yes we hatched them! Never hatched anything in my life. i made a thread, should be in here somewhere.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...incubating-anything-in-my-life.1245986/page-2

:love

are they all 3 males?

You know, I have no idea. Fawkes made a noise yesterday husband said was new. Maybe female? he/she is the biggest one. Otherwise we're not sure. Probably should send those shells off for DNA testing. I'm kind of afraid to know, because I want to keep and love all of them regardless. so I hope i don't have a bad balance of male vs female and I hope even if I do, it will be okay.

Three months? They should remain just cheepers for a year or more yet. That is, they burp and fart and cheep; but the actual distinctive male and female vocalisations (including hissing during fights) don't kick in until they are well into their second year.

Three months? They should remain just cheepers for a year or more yet. That is, they burp and fart and cheep; but the actual distinctive male and female vocalisations (including hissing during fights) don't kick in until they are well into their second year.

They already do hiss! It's loud, too. Good to know, I guess we will just have to wait and see. :)

That's one BIG @$$ chicken!! Wow... I didn't realize that they were THAT big at 3 months! They're super cute though :D

Yeah, me neither, haha. They sure do grow fast! i look at old pictures and it seems so long ago, but it really wasn't. They eat lots too. Holy cow. My feed bill has skyrocketed.

Back
Top Bottom