3 month old layers???

AbbyTravers

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 4, 2013
Hello everyone. I have a very wild question for you!!!
I have one silver laced wyandotte (toothless) about 1 1/2 yr old in a coop with 5 barred rock, Dominique, and buff orphington pullets which are only 3 months old. Along with a Cochin rooster, 2 pullet americanas, a Miller Du Fleur( pardon the spelling), 2 red sex link pullets, and a pullet leghorn. Plus 2 old English game bantams. All are the 3 months old EXCEPT Toothless. Anyway I have been getting a egg a day from her(toothless). But today I found 4 eggs!
ep.gif
I checked this morning, no eggs. But when I came back tonight, BAM 4 eggs! Toothless cant lay 4 eggs in a day! Two of the 4 were tiny little eggs from the two old English game! ( I know this because I have a 1 1/2 year old, old English game hen who lays eggs every once in a while.) So the last egg had to have came from the others besides toothless and the 3 month old game hens. How is this possible!
I cracked one of the old English game eggs and BOOM it is a fertilized egg! I am freaking out right now! They are all 3 months old besides Toothless! How can those old English game bantams even LAY at 3 months? Or the others??
Any idea what is going on??? They aren't sick but this is blowing my mind.
celebrate.gif
I thought they weren't supposed to lay till 6 months!!
Any thoughts?? Thanks!!!

Sorry I looked and they are just 1 week older than I said. But still that's very early isn't it? Can a week make that big of a difference?

Back
Top Bottom