3 month pullet sleeping & lethargy

We are 20 miles south of Houston. These 2 have been in A/C at 80 F since we brought them home at 5 weeks. Up until this started we would fill the waterer with 25% pedialyte once a week and it was available le all the time the few days they were outside. They seem to like the strawberry flavor pedialyte best. I’ll try the eggs!

Ivermectin for worms. The dose was drawn up and given to us by the “chicken lady” where we got our hens.
Crop seemed empty this morning. No bulges or hard spots from her beak down to her breast. Her poop seems pretty normal.

Attachments

• 592F4FF2-0DE1-43A1-8739-29FEDA82404C.jpeg
    592F4FF2-0DE1-43A1-8739-29FEDA82404C.jpeg
    408.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 41DB8B87-A413-4B65-B22F-2D5D9FD58028.jpeg
    41DB8B87-A413-4B65-B22F-2D5D9FD58028.jpeg
    377 KB · Views: 5
If she hasn't completed the second five days of Corid, she needs to finish. This will kill any eggs that hatched since the first Corid round. Poultry cell is just vitamins but should not be given until her second round of Corid is completed.
Thank you!

One of my hens did this, I thought something was wrong with her so I pulled her from the flock and put her in a crate for observation, as soon as she was alone she was fine. I mean i set her down and the tail went back up and she was walking around fine. The other birds were being mean to her, we shifted the flocks around and put her in with different birds. She has been fine ever since.

Our issue was the rooster had gotten too big for the amount of hens he had, and she was the bottom of the pecking order. She found herself a higher spot in the new pecking order after the move. I think she wanted the others to think she was sick so they'd back off.

Check her crop early in the morning before she eats or drinks anything and see if it emptied.
How does her crop feel now?
Is she eating and drinking?
I would keep treating for coccidiosis.

Back
Top Bottom