Cloverr39

Crowing
Jan 27, 2022
Latvia
Sorry, I'm just so excited that I had to share this somewhere. Just got 3 silkie hens today!! They're so cute!! This is actually my first time owning silkie hens. Last year almost all of my silkies turned out to be roosters and the 1 pullet ended up being killed by our dog. Sad...

I'm not sure how old they are. Apparently 2 hatched this spring and 1 of them hatched late Autumn. All I noticed was that they have a lot of new pin feathers on their backs.

I've decided to give them Harry Potter themed names. Becouse each reminded me of a different hogwarts house.

I'd love some name suggestions related to the hogwarts house that they remind me of.

Nr. 1 hufflepuff 💛
I love that big crest of hers. Can't wait to see it when it's not all crusty.
20220305_171415.jpg

Nr. 2 ravenclaw 💙
I'll probably name her Luna
20220305_171634.jpg

Nr. 3 slytherin 💚
(The one on the bottom)
She's the smallest, but she is a huge drama queen. She started being really loud when she first got out of the carrier.
20220305_171453.jpg

Thank you for reading and if you leave any name suggestions!

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity. Could you post a pic of your rooster? I'd love to see him!
Of course! His name is Fluffy. He'll be 11 months old this month. In the 1st picture he's younger, but you can see his crest before it was cut.
20211119_151931.jpg

20220227_123440.jpg

My boy had to show off how tall he can stand in this one lol.

I love him a lot. He's really sweet and funny.

Sorry, I'm just so excited that I had to share this somewhere. Just got 3 silkie hens today!! They're so cute!! This is actually my first time owning silkie hens. Last year almost all of my silkies turned out to be roosters and the 1 pullet ended up being killed by our dog. Sad...

I'm not sure how old they are. Apparently 2 hatched this spring and 1 of them hatched late Autumn. All I noticed was that they have a lot of new pin feathers on their backs.

I've decided to give them Harry Potter themed names. Becouse each reminded me of a different hogwarts house.

I'd love some name suggestions related to the hogwarts house that they remind me of.

Nr. 1 hufflepuff 💛
I love that big crest of hers. Can't wait to see it when it's not all crusty.
View attachment 3014858
Nr. 2 ravenclaw 💙
I'll probably name her Luna
View attachment 3014859
Nr. 3 slytherin 💚
(The one on the bottom)
She's the smallest, but she is a huge drama queen. She started being really loud when she first got out of the carrier.
View attachment 3014864

Thank you for reading and if you leave any name suggestions!
Congrats on your new babes! Oh and if you get a comb and brush them the krustys (hair sheaths) will go away and they’ll be puffy, soft and beautiful in no time. My silkies actually loved to be combed. They purr 😻

Back
Top Bottom