3 part staggered hatch, Wynette, Speckledhen, scbatz33 eggs new photos

Fingers are crossed here too!
fl.gif

Just home from work .... quick check and the humidity was down to 60%. I have put a ton of water in there today! I even started checking around, to see if it was leaking out somewhere. Geez... there is no condensation build up on the windows. Where is it all going? Holy cow, those are some thirsty eggs! LOL

Cyn, what do you think of the spot check thermometer? I am finding a huge variation in temp in the bator. In one spot will be 98.6 and near by it will say 101.8 and so on. It's like anything between 98. and 102. ??? I just can't imagine that big of a fluctuation. It's driving me crazy!
idunno.gif

Well, hopefully this hatch will begin within hours ....
fl.gif
I hope, I hope, I hope!
fl.gif

Kathy, I like the Spot Check, but it is really different and you have to get used to it. It registers every 1/10 degree the moment it happens, very unlike the other thermometers, so you are seeing what you've never seen before. My others will not register that quickly so the real air temp may go several tenths of a degree higher and be on the way back down before they register. The Spot-Check isn't like that, so you are seeing the real variation in air temp. Mine will register up to 102, which is the actual air temp, but it touches on that then starts back down. The egg temps are not varying that much. Best thing to do it watch it cycle through from high to low then start back up again, then you know the eggs are an average of the high and the low. At least I know that what I'm seeing on the Spot Check is true, so unlike the household types which by regulation must be with 2 degrees of the true temp (definitely not great for incubating). So, it does take getting used to, but yes, I do like it.

Quote:
I'm thinking I was just not waiting long for it cycle through. This morning it appears we are at 99.8 and 68% humidity. I'll run in there and post their eviction notice .... maybe that will get them moving!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom