3 roosters... how to know which is the pappa?

sounds like you will be having barnyard mix potluck... lol...

i would imagine it would depend on whether the hen submits to all 3 roosters.. and i would assume the sperm from all 3 roos could be stored so you really would have no idea which seed that egg took to fertilize.. so you'd have to wait till it hatched and maybe till it feathered out..

but who doesn't LOVE a potluck???
good luck

I have a plan...... I have a set of "meat roosters" cornish and white rock as well as a cornish/rir cross for my meat bird breeding.......
Whe I want to hatch for "meat chicks" I let them all in the pen and *** only hatch the brown eggs *** from my RIR, cornish and buckeyes and marins as well as the barred rocks... the rooster chicks will be fair sized. (NOT cornish white rock cross... but good enough for me!)

When I want "egg layer chicks" I let the RIR rooster, barred rock and buff orpington as well as some leghorns and australorp roos in the pen... the rooster I want most chicks from I will leave in the pen a day or so earlier ***I will hatch the white and brown eggs!***

This is how I wont HAVE to have seperate breeding areas..... any "mixed breeds" are fine with me... but I have enough purebreds in the pen to assure some really good sex links or "pure" breeds. This is my plan anyway that is why I needed to know thanks all

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom