3 week old ISA Brown Pullets... not sure if one's a rooster?

Yes of course I will. I see more red on each every day so hoping they will all be beautiful pullets but I have solution if any are to be male. Like I said, the only reason I am suspecting this breed is because they were labeled this at the store and townline hatchery does sell these and any other breed looks totally different... Just a waiting game! Thanks for the help!

Y
Yes of course I will. I see more red on each every day so hoping they will all be beautiful pullets but I have solution if any are to be male. Like I said, the only reason I am suspecting this breed is because they were labeled this at the store and townline hatchery does sell these and any other breed looks totally different... Just a waiting game! Thanks for the help!

You're welcome. :)

Female

X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelapop127

When do you think they theyre wing feathers will become red? If you think hey will. I know the reddish/gold chicks are supposed to be female, white-male... From the few other photos I've seen they are way darker by this time or in a week... I had no idea what they could be but from looking at towlines egg laying breeds there are only two options from there: ISA Browns and 'red cross' which I thought were the same thing LOL

My ISAs are 3 weeks and have been been getting more red/brown for about a week and a half, but are still also creamy for the most part. I would suggest Amberlinks as a possibility, but they are too red in my estimation.

Here's an update on our chickens, they're about 6 weeks old now.

Here's what most of them look like, most of the chickens are pretty dark brown.

Another view of what most of the chickens look like.

Ok, so here's the one that looks different.
We noticed that it's comb is bigger than the others' and is reddening fast.
Also, this is the only chicken with wattles forming so far.
We also noticed that it likes to stand up tall and boss around the other chickens.
There's another view of its comb.
It's got so much more white coloring than the other chickens.
It also gets angry easily, and will puff up its feathers when it's angry or when it's put down. (in this pic, it's not angry, it just looks like it's puffing its feathers because of the way i'm holding it still)
There's another view of how much white coloring it has, it only has a little bit of brown.

So, what do you guys think? Do you think this could be a rooster/cockerel??? I'm very confused because it's showing a lot of signs, but at the same time, I have no clue...

Thanks! :)

That one in question is a dead ringer for the one I have that is in question, but mine is a total sweetheart. And the more I compare our birds, I think we both have roosters.

Last edited:

We also noticed that it likes to stand up tall and boss around the other chickens.
It also gets angry easily, and will puff up its feathers when it's angry or when it's put down. (in this pic, it's not angry, it just looks like it's puffing its feathers because of the way i'm holding it still)
There's another view of how much white coloring it has, it only has a little bit of brown.

So, what do you guys think? Do you think this could be a rooster/cockerel??? I'm very confused because it's showing a lot of signs, but at the same time, I have no clue...

All pullets. They have too much red for cockerels.

All pullets

That one in question is a dead ringer for the one I have that is in question, but mine is a total sweetheart. And the more I compare our birds, I think we both have roosters.
This bird, too, is a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom