3 weeks old what breed are we??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by horseyjess, Sep 30, 2009.

1. horseyjess

horseyjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    The babies are now 3 weeks old and going through some changes. We started with the 32 and are down to 26. I gave two away two died off the bat and we had a mis hap that killed two. BUT There is one chick I will post its picture first it is WAY behind all the rest, does this make it a different breed? It just seems so odd compaired to the rest. I have 9 that I am tring to figure out will do 4 here and 5 on a second post [​IMG] Much appreciated!!! In this post I will do my feather legged chicks (3) and the slow chick lol!! All but the slow growing one DO have feathered legs but two of them are not heavily feathered legs.

Here is the slow to develop one it is the same size as most the rest just not feathered at all
    [​IMG]

I am going to say this is a Cochin????
    [​IMG]

This ones name is Ricky he was my retarted one. I figured give them all boy names for the ones I am not sure if roo or pullet cause chances are roo lol. He had the splayed legs and I used the bandaid thing a few times and he is fine now [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one also has slightly feathered legs just hard to see it has the least on its legs

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  2. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    They are all very cute [​IMG] and pretty, even if I don't know what they are!

3. cwhit590

cwhit590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    SW Michigan
    My guesses:
    1. ?
    2. Gold-laced Cochin
    3. Light Brahma
    4. Buff Brahma

4. Namble

Namble Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    North Florida
    ^Agree with him^

5. horseyjess

horseyjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Quote:I was wondering if #1 could be an EE??? Just slow?

6. De

De Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Camden,AR
    1. partridge, but not sure what ??cockerel??
    2. golden laced cochin ?pullet?
    3. light brahma or a columbian cochin pullet
    4. buff brahma ? cockerel?
    That is what I think they are some of the pullet or cockerel may not be right a little young...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  7. cwhit590

cwhit590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    SW Michigan
    Quote:I was wondering if #1 could be an EE??? Just slow?

Possibly....what color are its feet? What does its comb look like? I can't tell from the current pic...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by