3 YO hen suddenly squeaking/crowing?

dirtroaddarlin

Songster
Mar 28, 2018
I have a 3 year old buff orp that is suddenly squeaking/crowing. Just started this morning. What’s wrong??

Link to the video:

I have a 3 year old buff orp that is suddenly squeaking/crowing. Just started this morning. What’s wrong??

Link to the video:
It's not uncommon for hens to crow and even grow spurs. I've got personal experience with such.

That's not it and sounded and looked more like sneezing to me, spot on.

Sometimes a sneeze is just a sneeze..

Other times it can be an indicator of a viral (or bacterial) infection. Some of which are currently going around several parts of US spread by wild bird populations. Do you happen to know if you're in any of the hot spots or quarantine zones?

Hope she continues to thrive! :fl

It's not uncommon for hens to crow and even grow spurs. I've got personal experience with such.

That's not it and sounded and looked more like sneezing to me, spot on.

Sometimes a sneeze is just a sneeze..

Other times it can be an indicator of a viral (or bacterial) infection. Some of which are currently going around several parts of US spread by wild bird populations. Do you happen to know if you're in any of the hot spots or quarantine zones?

Hope she continues to thrive! :fl
I’m not sure. I live out in the country & have had these birds for several years

Link to the video:
Hi,

Did you ever get any answers as to what this is? My hen is making the exact same noise. It has been going on for a couple of weeks. It seems to come in waves, but now even her in between breaths sound “wheezy”. Anything you’ve learned would be helpful, thanks,

Back
Top Bottom