30 Ducks to transport

Dog crates work well too. just make sure whatever you use you put something nonslidding on the bottom of it. Are you giving up all your Runners?
Most of them. We have a beautiful chocolate I call Mr. Big Stuff. He hatched just before our tiny duckling having issues. He quickly couldn’t fit under the brooder plate. He is sweet, gentle but holds his own as young as he is, in the yard. I want to keep him but we only have his Mother’s and Aunts to breed. He is also solid (not tall and lanky, but still pretty) but I think he’s very handsome. We have 18 left now. Three females and 15 males. They are the offspring of the adults we are keeping.

What is with Runners and their drakes. A couple of years ago I let my Muscovy hatch Runners out of 6 eggs 5 were drakes and 1 female. Good thing she only had 6 eggs to hatch. I was able to find homes for 4 of the drakes but had to transport them up to Virginia. Still worth it knowing they were going to good homes.

I don‘t know. We have hatched almost 80 this spring through summer and I feel fortunate we have only 15 drakes. We can‘t keep them. We have an offer to bring them to VA and I am bery grateful but my husband thinks it is a long drive. Ehen I have a car I can take them in, I will ask if there is still a place for them. I am glad we win‘t be taking as many drake bc I am more hopeful for their placement as pets or pest control and not on dinner plates.

Love your Avatar. Please share some pictures of your flock when you have time
Thank you. I will add some pics later tonight.
I asked a friend to ride with me for the company and with us gabbing time really passed fast too about 3 hr one way.
I don‘t mind the drive. It‘s been a couple of years between my PA and NH to sell my parents home and visit my Mother. I am not sure how 6.5 hours on a Saturday is more than hours each week caring for these sweet creatures. Our yard has become mud and they deserve green grass. We do have a pond which they love but winter is coming and they need to be settled in their new home.

Back
Top Bottom