36 Orp Eggs In The Bator - Photos!!

clap.gif
Keep going little pips, you can do it!

I just about missed all this fun. These messages move so fast I can't keep up. I opened my incubator tonight to find 11 little blues, 1 little splash and 3 little black orps. These are my first this year. I really enjoyed seeing Skye since she matured. I lost the picture of her when she was younger in a computer crash. Good luck with the hatch. Hope they all make it. I need more grandchildren!
old.gif

Congrats on the first babies of the year, Jim. Sounds like the same proportions I always get... my splashes so far have all been cockerels! I send my splash pullet eggs to all my customers, apparently, LOL.

Congrats on your hatch Jim! You have grandbaby chicks this morning.

1 silvery blue is drying and 1 is zipped, 4 are pipped.

blueJWV1.jpg

zipJWV.jpg

JUlie's eggs are strong! 2 babies hatched and one wasn't even pipped last night.

This is the first baby to hatch. It is from one of BC's splash eggs.

1sthatchBC.jpg

This is the mottled orp baby hatching.

mottled1a.jpg

mottled1b.jpg

And a pip!

pippingBC2.jpg

It's gonna be a long day!

One thing I am noticing is that hatching in the paper carton there is very little biological mess smeared inside the bator. It is much cleaner than ever before.

In an effort to keep up with which babies are from WV and Ala the WV chicks have had a manicure and have blue toenails. Mottled orp has purple toenails. The ala blues will have plain nails. I don't know how else to do it. Their legs are far smaller than the last batch of chicks and the colored rubber bands won't stay on them.

Back
Top Bottom