37 chickens dead

I totally sympathize with you. I would be devestated if my chickens were killed but I have to make the point that your dogs are not to blame. They are only doing what comes natural to them and they should not be punished for another's mistake. I hope you don't think that I am blaming you because that is not what I intend. I know you're upset and want to blame someone but please think about it before taking action. I am so sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
I'm so sorry you lost your babies... I know how hard it is, we had an attack the day before Thanksgiving last yr... Someone elses dogs. Someone is usually home but we were all running that day.

Just remember "pobodies nerfect"... And even though hubbies can be ignorant sometimes, we all make mistakes. I'm sure your hubby feels really bad over it too. Even my hubby felt awful about our attack and loss of half our flock, and he doesn't even like chickens...He just doesn't like to see me hurting... And to top it off I take the blame cause I should have put them up before I left.

Don't give up... This is just one hurdle you've have to jump. But the learning experiences make you more cautious as you go. You can maybe compromise and lock the chickies in the coop at night so if hubby accidentally lets the dogs loose again, your babies will be safe.

I feel very, very sorry for you. Your husband has a lot of making up to do & he should start by listening to you & not EVER being so careless again. Keep him on the list until he does something like build you an additional (and "Ft. Knox") coop & run.

I agree with everyone that it is not the dogs fault but I am with you, the anger you feel toward them makes you want to kill 'em.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think maybe your husband and mine were identical twins separated at birth--"knows it all" and the capacity to make foolish decisions with disastrous results.

Well, I am so very sorry for your loss. I know that has to be really frustrating. I hope he's learned his lesson and learns from his mistakes. He owes you big-time!

Quote:
i hate to hear for your loses , but in your husbands defense look at your 2 nd sentance

I've told him to correct the problem.

you can ask me to walk through hell on sunday for you. and i will. but try to tell me and see if i go.
as a husband i wouldnt wanted bossed at and in all respect i dont know the hole situation , but the way thats worded its kinda demanding sounding ,

OMG! I have no words... wow! That's just too horrible and heartbreaking
hit.gif

I hope you allow yourself to grieve... and think about all the chickens you could still offer a good home to. Don't give up. Just take some time to heal
hugs.gif

Seriously, I'm really taken aback. It's just too horrible for words...

Sorry for your loss.

People make mistakes. They do!

... let he/she who is without sin cast the first stone... ?

Hopefully your husband will make certain that the rest of the flock is secure from here on out...

I imagine he feels horrible too!

Forgive him. Please.

Back
Top Bottom