3rd Annual Northeastern "Sharkie" Chickenstock - NH - July 7, 2012!!! Come one...come all!!

Somebody is going to have to take over the giving the nod gag gifts (giving the nod to events in folk's lives, like holding a pig - no folks, I'm not kidding)
I am really really bad at sewing and spent what seemed like forever sewing those dang milkbones onto Bob's silk lounge wear. I DO have ideas for NEXT YEAR............mua ha ha ha ha ha ha ha *grins evilly and rubs hands together and she snickers* So step up you pikers! It takes some preparation!

I will definitely let John know about the desire for fish. He has to cut and weld before I paint. But, honestly, it would be nice to have a selection up there for Meagan.
big_smile.png
That's my smarmy smile. No green ones this year, since it was SO verdant up there last year a green fish would disappear.

I was considering shipping a batch of curry up there, so I could still provide sustenance for the masses, but John said it would be too hot for Northern taste buds. Maybe chicken and sausage gumbo? Blow your socks off. Freeze it solid and then mail it up there in a cooler with ice packs, or dry ice.

It's a Sharkiestock because there used to be a group on here called "shark sniper wine dots" and we are all friends, and this is when we all get together for the year!

You are so awesome. We all LOVE your cooking. But you ARE in Texas and i am sure everyone understands how much work it is to ship ANY food this far!

I will definitely let John know about the desire for fish. He has to cut and weld before I paint. But, honestly, it would be nice to have a selection up there for Meagan.
big_smile.png
That's my smarmy smile. No green ones this year, since it was SO verdant up there last year a green fish would disappear.

I was considering shipping a batch of curry up there, so I could still provide sustenance for the masses, but John said it would be too hot for Northern taste buds. Maybe chicken and sausage gumbo? Blow your socks off. Freeze it solid and then mail it up there in a cooler with ice packs, or dry ice.

Dreaming already here......
smile.png

Also wondering, why is it a "Sharkie" chickenstock?

Sharkies were originated a few years ago...it was a nick name a bunch of us got over bidding on auctions...That is how we met and fell in love...lol
anyhoo...i ad the first shatkie chickenstock at my house in ny where mst of us finally got to meet...then the next sharkie fest was at kristns where we got to meet even more of us..Nowwwww we get to meet a few of the fols we have been waiing o see forever...JWOW!

frow.gif
Over the last few years many of us have competed for egg auctions on BYC. Those that were a bit frustrated with our last minute wins would say we circled like Sharks and "sniped" the auction in the last seconds.
hide.gif
lau.gif

We kind of ended up being called Shark Snipers :) But we all have some breed of very beautiful great lines birds out of all the competition.
droolin.gif

We try to get together once a year and swap eggs, chickens, stories, supplies, food and what ever else comes up through out the year.

All are welcome as we are very friendly people and enjoy spending time with like minded folks!
wee.gif

Somebody needs to coordinate the food everybody brings! I can't come this year because I totally messed up the timing of a dog show! I am reaching out to you (cue music) to volunteer to be the menu coordinator for the stock. It cinsists of nothing more than keeping a list of food dolks are bringing and trying to make sure there aren't too many doubling up on the dishes! Could somebody do that PLEASE??

Last edited:
I have been trying to come up with some ideas for the t-shirts and need some direction. Need to know a "theme". Lovinstock was easy to come up with a concept for but I have been having some trouble on where to start.

Here are acouple quick things I came up with, don't mind the very crude pics it is just a starting point.

Back
Top Bottom