4 Chicks Down, All Done! Mystery Hatch-A-Long! Hatch Date 9/3/21 and today apparently

Pics
I’m back! Lost this thread because notifications decided to quit on me :/

So what’s the run down??? last time I was here you had one needy chick driving you nuts!
Okay so DB went to go help clean up storm debris at the friends' house and one of them HATCHED????????
652301917.jpg

@yakitori , did any of your d'Uccles end up being boys? Tuffet is almost 5 weeks old and I'm leaning boy. My 2 older pullets feathered much faster and had no hint of a comb until 2/3 months.
View attachment 2836745View attachment 2836746View attachment 2836747View attachment 2836751View attachment 2836753
at 5 weeks, I believe that’s a girly girl girl :love
I only have one full blooded d’uccle, but when I got mine at 6 weeks, the boys had big red combs already.

Alright, Adele turned out to be a boy, so his name is now Hambone. Hambone, Rice, and Clover are being rehomed tomorrow, there's just not enough room in my chicken shanty town.

I'm keeping Tuffet the d'Uccle and the two Easter Egger pullets I got to keep her company. I think both NNs turned out to be boys, and Clover ended up not being very sweet, so away she goes to my friend's farm.

I'll post pics of everyone before the 3 get rehomed.

@yakitori , did any of your d'Uccles end up being boys? Tuffet is almost 5 weeks old and I'm leaning boy. My 2 older pullets feathered much faster and had no hint of a comb until 2/3 months.
View attachment 2836745View attachment 2836746View attachment 2836747View attachment 2836751View attachment 2836753
at 5 weeks, I believe that’s a girly girl girl :love
I only have one full blooded d’uccle, but when I got mine at 6 weeks, the boys had big red combs already.
This girly girl girl turned out to be a big fat liar :lau Tuffet is indeed a boy. He is now part of a breeding trio with my older d'Uccle pullets. No mounting, etc. yet, but I can't wait for this summer!
622B274F-AD44-4438-B97D-32BBC083C77F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom