4 day old chicks keep dying!!! Help!!!

chickengirl1230

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 29, 2014
In the coop in Tennessee
Yesterday I bought some chicks and have already lost 2 of them. I can't figure out what's happening to them. They have water,food, a clean brooder you, and they have plenty of room. I have had chickens for about 5 years, getting more chicks every year and usually don't lose this many. In the last group I got 7 died! Does anyone know what's going on and what I can do? I just don't want to lose any more I hate seeing them die. They just keep laying on their side with theirs eyes shut faintly peeping and every once in a while jerking :hit :barnie please help!

Thank you

Taylor

pics? They will help some, if they are laying on their sides with one leg outstretched sounds like Merecks, they will come down with limping to paralysis, to one side.

Sorry I don't have any pics right now I have them in a barn in our backyard. Do you know what causes it and what I could do? There aren't any doing it right now all the ones that did it died within the hour.:hit :cd

Are you putting the electrolytes/vitamins in the water? When I ordered mine and they arrived, w/in the 1st 3 days we lost 5 from the stress of the trip. I started adding the electrolytes and vitamins in the water and didn't lose anymore.

Back
Top Bottom