4-H fair is comming too fast!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Fluff-n-Feathers, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Fluff-n-Feathers

Fluff-n-Feathers Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2010
    I'm in a 4-H sheep club, and the fair is creeping closer and closer. My chickens have just started molting, so i'm not sure if their feathers will grow back in time to show them [​IMG] However, it is only my showmanship bird that is molting, so i might be able to bring them all after all [​IMG] Also, i know that sunflower seeds (the birdseed kind) will help them grow back their feathers faster, but is there anything else that i can do?
    However, my sheep is currently a 2 out of 3. She walks on the halter great, she is fine with me setting up her hooves, but she WILL NOT STAND STILL!!!! [​IMG] I know that working with her a lot will get her to stand still more, but i would love some tips to help me.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  2. aggieterpkatie

aggieterpkatie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Maryland
    Practice, practice, practice! [​IMG] When does she move, when you're crouching next to her? Sometimes it's hard to get them to do what you want, but keep putting her back and setting her up. Sometimes you'll have a well trained lamb at home and you get to the show and they freak out, and sometimes it's the opposite!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by