4 Month Old Female Ducks Mixed

ChickChic00

Songster
Sep 10, 2019
What would happen if you breed a 4 month old mixed female duck. The mix is Rouen/Cayuga if that helps. No eggs yet. I just wanted to know if it would harm the female. I am not just tossing them in a pen and breeding them or anything, I just wanted to know if it would seriously harm the females or not just incase my male got loose. I am in the middle of building a better pen for him so he can't get out.

i’m confused, what breed is the male? they start mating at that age but i doubt she is old enough to actually want to sit on her eggs anytime soon

i’m confused, what breed is the male? they start mating at that age but i doubt she is old enough to actually want to sit on her eggs anytime soon
Male is Rouen he is about 7 months old. I just hatched out ducks and raised them up to a little over 4 months and now my male is starting to find a way out of his pen somehow.

post a picture of him, may be a mallard and flying out of pen
IMG_20200714_122028932_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200714_122038412_HDR.jpg

looks kinda like a mallard to me, what did he look like as a baby?
I'm sorry, I'm not entirely sure where my pictures of him are. I believe I transferred them on a hardrive somewhere. I've been debating on if my 2 Male rouens are rouens or mallards. I have a young picture of my other male and he had one stripe on his eye. The female I have had 2. So now I'm wondering if I have 2 mallards and 1 rouen female. :/ That wouldn't be too bad either lol

looks kinda like a mallard to me, what did he look like as a baby?
IMG_20200714_124233963.jpg
the black one is my male Cayuga, the middle one is my male Rouen and the last one is my female rouen. She has 2 stripes he has one. This is an older picture, also took picture with phone to my computer. So, sorry it looks horrible.

Back
Top Bottom