4 week cornish x small? pic added

ill get the scale tmw

Heres a pic of the biggest one. There all about the same size but this one is a lil bigger

cornishxxmee.jpg

Looking at my records, my 4 week old cornish x boys weighed 3lbs alive.

I raised them on 24% protein with light 24/7 up till 6 weeks old, then by day light.

Pics and weight by scale will help.
Edit:
Here is one of mine at 3.5 weeks old:
230_35meat.jpg

Now that I see your pic, I would venture to say more protein would be good as the feather growth does appear a bit slower than it should.

Last edited:
No there inside in the brooder. So should I see if I can get a bag of unmedicated turkey starter? Would like 22% make a difference from the 20% I'm feeding? What about a lot of boss?

I would say they are definitely Cornish Crosses. The couple that I have that have looked like they were behind the rest looked this way, smaller with fewer feathers. In fact, the littlest (named him Nugget as in Chicken Nugget), he didn't even lose his downy feathers until long after the purebreds were fully feathered, and some are a week younger that he is.

Oh, and another thing. If they are free ranging and outside, they will grow a lot slower than if confined. A combination of cooler weather and movement will have them putting their energy into movement rather than meat. It can slow them down by a few weeks depending on season.

i never would let them grow out in 6 weeks... had to many leg problems... i grow mine out in about 8 or 9 on 20 % feed... roo's i process at 8 and hens at 9 weeks... mine weigh about 6 # when i do that... and very few leg problems
smile.png
also i see you only have 3 of them??? the fewer you have the slower they grow... IMX if you have under 10 or so they don't feel so competitive and wont eat as much as when you have a bunch... like only raising 1 pig lol...

Back
Top Bottom