4 y/o amerucauna not pooping and vomits after eating/drinking

I once had a constipated Hen and I gave her a tablespoon of margarine mixed into her regular feed..She pooped out a massive poop that looked the same as a Dog poop..It helped though..She survived.
I will have to try that too!! My other girl will definitely be eating that as well since she has always been the piggy one.
Would love to see lots of poop in their area as long as little Sally contributes!!
Thanks chickens really!

It looks like we are on the right track! Lots of coconut oil, crop massage and some warm baths. I put Sally in a large dog crate for the approx three hours from leaving after lunch until I returned with just water and a mix of crumbles, coconut oil (mostly in the solid form) and a few mealy worms all stirred up together (looks delicious).
No poop in the dog crate that I could find. However when I let her out, she promptly went up to roost and left a present. Then she hopped down to eat some more and left two more while eating. The poops are not ‘normal’ yet but are getting bigger. I will keep with the oil and massages for a few more days and see what comes out Thank you for your help!!

Attachments

• 361EB754-EA79-468E-993D-DE0015CF0152.jpeg
    361EB754-EA79-468E-993D-DE0015CF0152.jpeg
    436.6 KB · Views: 6
It's so rewarding when we get a chicken to respond so well to treatment! Slip her an acidophilus tab each day for a week to get the good flora established again in her digestive track.
What are acidophilus tabs? Where would I find them?

Back
Top Bottom