48 egg incubator Air hole close or open ? 0 to 18 days

aurimilky

Songster
6 Years
Aug 17, 2016
I have a 48 egg incubator with in build fan, does the air hole need to be open in the 0 to 18 days or can it be close for 0 to 18 days, then opened on day 18 until then hatch ?

I don't know the answer to your question but I have seen models like that and ppl say not to buy them they are poor quality,short out if I remember right one said theirs started to smoke. and another said it never stayed warm enough and hatch rate was poor.

I don't know the answer to your question but I have seen models like that and ppl say not to buy them they are poor quality,short out if I remember right one said theirs started to smoke. and another said it never stayed warm enough and hatch rate was poor.

I have the egg incubator in the polystyrene box to help with temp and humidity with air holes for the fan holes. Yes this hatch will probably be the last one using this egg incubator, I on my 4th hatch now, the other hatches did go very well. I got the eggs this time around for a broody hen, but her wont sit on the nest in the day time, so I had to use the egg incubator.

Back
Top Bottom