4Health Dog Food

We feed our new puppy diamond naturals lamb large breed and she is doing great on it also.....we would never feed straight raw diet to our dogs. I think you are teaching them to like blood and raw meat. I to give an occasional bone raw or not but not a whole carcass as main source of food.

Quote:
Not to stir the whole raw vs. commercial feed pot again, but many many folks (quite a few here on BYC alone) feed either a complete raw diet or a modified raw like we do.
My dogs are super intelligent, but there's no way they can associate the "stuff mama gets us out of the big white box that we love so much" (raw chicken) with the birds foraging around in my backyard.
My dogs, even the 4 month old, eat a whole leg quarter or approx. 1/2 lb. of raw beef a night, plus their kibble for their morning meal and they are super healthy. I credit eating the raw, having to chew on all those bones, for helping the 4 mo. old get his ears up. He really has to work those jaw muscles.

Quote:
arabianequine, your note hit my funny bone. Since we started this conversation talking about bison and venison I had this vision of a whole bison laid out in my field for my dogs...one of which is a boston terrier.
tongue.png
It put a smile on my face.
big_smile.png
I know you didn't mean it that way, but it was funny.

I am not trying to poke fun at you though...

I did so mean it that way but glad it made you smile/laugh.
hugs.gif
We need a good laugh once in a while. I will try and find the website from another thread on here.

Quote:
arabianequine, your note hit my funny bone. Since we started this conversation talking about bison and venison I had this vision of a whole bison laid out in my field for my dogs...one of which is a boston terrier.
tongue.png
It put a smile on my face.
big_smile.png
I know you didn't mean it that way, but it was funny.

I am not trying to poke fun at you though...

Forgot the link:

http://www.rawlearning.com/

Ok here you go watch the video. Cannibalism right there. I don't even have the freezer space to do it but I think everything would get ate here. I don't see how it is cheaper. I don't mind a homemade diet I do think it would be healthier but this is kinda crazy to me.

Last edited:
Quote:
Well, we are getting off topic here. Video was fine. Not how I would choose to feed my dogs as it's messy and would attract wildlife that I don't need around. On price, I imagine it depends on where you live and what you are raising yourself. I'm not going to go farther than that as it's not on topic for the OP.

BTW, just to say, cannibalism is eating your own kind. So, those dogs would need to be eating dogs to be cannibals.

i wanted to just add a quick note here for those having problems with gassy dogs.

PARSLEY!

strange i know but fresh or dried (a couple leaves fresh about 1/2 a teaspoon if dry) in or on the food helps with gas, parsley is a natural gas ease
been using it for years with great sucess with our very gassy VERY delicate stomached cocker spaniel. we found a food that didint upset his tummy physically but the smell, simply adding a pinch of parsley every meal has done wonders lol

Back
Top Bottom