4th Annual BYC NYD Hatch-a-long

Hrm... this is the longest I've ever gone without candling a hatch I've freshly set. Yay I'm so proud of myself. All those times of candling day 2 eggs and not seeing anything have finally sunk in!
celebrate.gif

I set a double yolker for the Easter hatch-along. They made it to lockdown, but then died. I don't think they had enough room to move in there to get out.
I saw a video on YouTube once, a lady had a double yolker and she helped them out and they were just fine. You never know. I hope they hatch! : )
What's going on inside your chicken eggs-Day 3:

From-Egg-to-Chicken-3.jpg

At the end of the third day of incubation, the beak begins developing and limb buds for the wings and legs are seen. Three visceral clefts (gills) have formed on each side of the head and neck. These formations are important in the development of the arterial system, eustachian tube (in the ear), face, jaw, and some ductless glands. The fluid-filled amnion has surrounded the embryo to protect it: it helps maintain proper embryonic development. The tail appears, and the allantois is seen. The allantoic vesicle is a respiratory and excretory organ. Nourishment from the albumen and calcium from the shell are transported to the embryo through the allantois.

Third day
60 hours -- beginning of nose
62 hours -- beginning of legs
64 hours -- beginning of wings
thumbsup.gif

Yea I got my swap eggs
big_smile.png
. I know they need to rest but I will give them a couple hours and put them in the bator and not have them turn for couple days. So now I need to go fill out the spread sheet for how many eggs I'm incubating.
What kind of eggs did you get in the mail? I'm feeling nosy this morning.

~ Aspen

What's going on inside your chicken eggs-Day 3:

From-Egg-to-Chicken-3.jpg

At the end of the third day of incubation, the beak begins developing and limb buds for the wings and legs are seen. Three visceral clefts (gills) have formed on each side of the head and neck. These formations are important in the development of the arterial system, eustachian tube (in the ear), face, jaw, and some ductless glands. The fluid-filled amnion has surrounded the embryo to protect it: it helps maintain proper embryonic development. The tail appears, and the allantois is seen. The allantoic vesicle is a respiratory and excretory organ. Nourishment from the albumen and calcium from the shell are transported to the embryo through the allantois.

Third day
60 hours -- beginning of nose
62 hours -- beginning of legs
64 hours -- beginning of wings
I candled this morning and even the eggs that took a week to get here are looking like that! well not all of them, but im still excited
big_smile.png

Where do you do that at? I'm assuming you meant how many you expect everyone to hatch?
On the first mrheinz added a link to post what you set (after you have set your last one) - this is to record what everyone has set. It's at the very bottom. It is different than the guess how many everyone will set and it is different than the thread to post your pictures of what you set.

Ok hatchers we are going to have a daily prize today for a random post on this contest thread, post as much as you like to increase your chance of winning.

The winner can pick from 3 prizes

1)A bird swing by Melissa Rose- these are really cool I will try to get a photo
2)6+ mystery chicks in the Spring from Babymakes6- she has access to all my GFF birds and some very cool birds of her own think Auto-Sexing
3)A 3 page web-site with a year's free domain hosting from sunimaging.com

Ok post away and good luck

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/728912/nydh-contest6

Back
Top Bottom