4th Annual BYC NYD Hatch-a-long

Good morning !!! The last of my chicks has hatched. I had 23 out 34 eggs hatch:/ 22 are healthy and doing awesome. And 1 died:( So if I count 23 as hatched that is 67% .but if count 22 that are living 64%. Not bad I guess. I usually have an 80% something hatch rate. Time to get ready for church. Will catch up on everything later. Have a hood day folks!
ya.gif

Did I read somewhere that the temps are supposed to be a bit lower during the hatch? Does that mean the whole lockdown, or just when they start to pip?

My darn bator insists on running high, no matter how low I turn it.....

I thought ahead to buy a sponge, but forgot to put it in the bator at lockdown. I'm struggling to get my humidity up. I ran it in the thirties for the 18 days, now I can only get it up to 54%. Is that enough, or should I risk opening the bator long enough to toss in a wet sponge?
run hot water from the sink and drop the sponge in a bowl add hot water. Carry to the bator, lift lid and set in place close lid quickly all be A OK

Quote: its a brinsea octagon eco 20 auto turn, i dont thnk i can hand it from the top, maybe the side... ?
hmm.png
i will try, thanks!
Same as above, except you can leave the bowl inside. open lid, lift egg tray set sponge in bottom and place everything back quickly. if the bator isnt full just drop wet sponge onto egg tray and close it up again

Back
Top Bottom