4th Annual BYC NYD Hatch-a-long

love.gif

love.gif

love.gif

Another duckling hatched (with a wee bit of help from me), a Lav Cochin, and at least three more Olive Eggers. Pictures tomorrow.

Night All

~ Aspen
Oh man, if you only knew how hard I have tried this past summer to get myself a good olive egger. One that would give a nice dark green egg. I thought I finally had one from a hatch, but it appears to be..a boy! Now.
rant.gif

This really has me confused...in any case, I just hears chirping so I went to the incubator...I have another pip! It seems my eggs prefer to take turns hatching at 24 hour intervals...at this rate I will finish in July!

I am going back to sleep everyone...I hope I'll wake to more chicks! Goodnight!

Glad you posted this. Even though mine aren't really due until tomorrow, I am thinking that the other three in there should have at least pipped. But, maybe tomorrow. :)

This really has me confused...in any case, I just hears chirping so I went to the incubator...I have another pip! It seems my eggs prefer to take turns hatching at 24 hour intervals...at this rate I will finish in July!

I am going back to sleep everyone...I hope I'll wake to more chicks! Goodnight!
I hope you feel better in the morning Matt. At least they ARE pipping! I'm pretty certain my last egg is a late quitter :(

She's zipping! She's zipping and peeping!!!

Ok...so I sound like I'm 3...but I'm super excited! Considering I was getting ready to throw these all out...I think I'm entitled.

Good morning all ! I am excited about my chicks that hatched. I have been wanting an assortment of colored egg layers now I finally have some. I should have just about every color egg that is layed now. ( when they start to lay in a few months) I have another incubator with eggs in it. But those are NOT entered in NYD hatch a long .I ordered some wellsummer and cuckoo marans from mrheinz , plus some more that I ordered and some of my own. Prob will order a few more also. (Chicken Math) I am also giving my brother some so he can have a mix of layers also. He is raising some we hatched about 10-11 weeks ago so it should not be long before they lay. Everyone have a good day stay warm, its 29 degrees here in middle Ga.

Back
Top Bottom