4th Annual BYC NYD Hatch-a-long

Wooop hoooooo 100% hatch of the 14 eggs i put in lockdown. And 7 were infertile at day ten candling. So out if 21 total set 14 hatches that made it to lock down. Im do HAPPY. Beautiful chicks tjey are too. Now incubator is cleanes and 38 silkie eggs and 3 more of my flock eggs are set now. Wish me luck on these.
clap.gif
Congratulations!

Those are beauties..they look like RIR or NH
They are RC RIR.

Ack. When we checked it earleir it said open to everyone. I made 3 people open it before I posted the silly link. Let me see if I can figure out what is wrong.
can You tell I do not usualy do this?

My last picture of the hatch. The guy I got the eggs from wasn't sure if his black Australorp was..ahem..working yet. :D I think he's working just fine!

Wish they were olive eggers, but these were huge. pretty dark brown eggs. Of course
not the Nankin..it was pretty small, and it was a light cream color..this is one feisty
little baby!

Last edited:
I told the girls at work that I had only slept about 6 or 7 hours in the past 72 hours... I've earned that Crazy Chicken Lady mug!!
yuckyuck.gif
I want a Crazy Chicken Lady mug too!
Wooop hoooooo 100% hatch of the 14 eggs i put in lockdown. And 7 were infertile at day ten candling. So out if 21 total set 14 hatches that made it to lock down. Im do HAPPY. Beautiful chicks tjey are too. Now incubator is cleanes and 38 silkie eggs and 3 more of my flock eggs are set now. Wish me luck on these.
Great job hapjr! I'm glad your patience was rewarded :)
I sure wish you were closer! I have about 15 or there about Olive Egger chicks, and I always have a lot of girls hatch out.
I love all the chick pictures!!

~ Aspen
I wish I lived closer ... I'm so envious that ya'll can get eggs and chickens from each other. I want Olive Eggers too! How can I make my own Olive Eggers?
OMG I want this for Harmony's Serama!!! AWESOME!!! COOL BEANS!!!
Thanks - I'm glad you like my cabinet! I like Seramas!
those should be pretty grown sounds like...
I'll be sure to post pics :)
Im not in but looking ....curious wondered who won for closest to midnight? Anyone know?
I know someone got midnight right on the button, but I haven't seen an official announcement of who won yet.
Raven wood
that is the coolest cabinet!!!OMG!!FRankly i would have a hard time putting my poopie chicks in it.! How did you get in to staple the hardware cloth on or iid it come that way?
Thanks! I will have a tray at the bottom and it's all painted so I can wash it.. The cabinet had no top so it was easy to staple the wire in. It also had solid maple doors that I removed and then built my own to fit the openings.
Looks like it is coming along beautifully. I love that the cat is interested it what might be going in there. Nice job!
Yes - all my 4 cats are quite interested, as are my 9 dogs! Good thing there is wire separating them from the peeps!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/732918/winter-flock-reduction-sale-silkies-cochin-bantams-oegb

Posting a link to my birds for sale just in case anyone is interested. I actually have a few more including a trio of runners I forgot to list.
Oh how I wish I lived nearby. I adore Silkies and would love to have Cochins.
Not sure on the photo contest. The spreadsheet to put the number you hatched up should be around in about an hour. Just making sure no one wants something else on it before I post. If you win a hatching contest you will have to provide photo, but don't have to link it on my ss. Be kind about the spreadsheet, its the first one I have done so hopefully it wont implode :).
Thanks Chiqita! First time I visited said read only. Second link said I had to request permission to edit, which I did. Third brought up an entirely different form which I filled in. Hopefully it worked!

Took all of the chicks out of the incubator, I am so happy that the shipped eggs hatched. They took forever, but, this is the first time I have hatched out shipped eggs. It is a learning experience. Next time I will change the way I do things. They all look healthy, and I am so delighted to have this remarkable Heritage breed to add to my English Orpingtons.

Back
Top Bottom