4th Annual BYC NYD Hatch-a-long

I think we stress ourselves out so much over these hatches and then when the "high" wears off our bodies just need to recoup. I remember my first hatch ever I didn't sleep for almost 2 days I was so excited. On the 3rd day I was so exhausted that I when I finally went to sleep I had several more chicks hatch. My daughter said that she came into my bedroom to tell me and I responded to her but to this day never remember doing so.

I told the girls at work that I had only slept about 6 or 7 hours in the past 72 hours... I've earned that Crazy Chicken Lady mug!!

Wooop hoooooo 100% hatch of the 14 eggs i put in lockdown. And 7 were infertile at day ten candling. So out if 21 total set 14 hatches that made it to lock down. Im do HAPPY. Beautiful chicks tjey are too. Now incubator is cleanes and 38 silkie eggs and 3 more of my flock eggs are set now. Wish me luck on these.

Wooop hoooooo 100% hatch of the 14 eggs i put in lockdown. And 7 were infertile at day ten candling. So out if 21 total set 14 hatches that made it to lock down. Im do HAPPY. Beautiful chicks tjey are too. Now incubator is cleanes and 38 silkie eggs and 3 more of my flock eggs are set now. Wish me luck on these.

Back
Top Bottom